Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My experiment in miniature animation




So i had all these old 8mm negatives lying around. You know, those old charlie chaplin movies and home videos no one watches anymore cuz the 8mm projector is now broken or was sold off to the raddi-paper boy. Anyway, most of them were ruined anyway cuz my mother had decided to put them in the same bag as my father's the paint pigments and 'other junk'. They really were in quite a sad state, so i did what any red blooded pakistani would have done; left them in the sun, thew bleach on them and scratched them with a compass needle. Some where in the middle came in my light box, some markers and a really good hair day :D
I did'nt use the entire roll, just about 150 frames to test it out. The result wasn't all that bad, I'm definitely going to make a longer more thought out version next. So here are a few pictures to walk you through the process and the final result. Enjoy!

i warn you though, it might give you a headache (or an epileptic seizure if you are prone to those)

4 comments:

ghazal pirzada said...

dosst! this is one experiment that went by amazing :) great work. keep experimenting because it comes out awesome :)

ps: this blog needs to be updated more frequently. you're now on my blogroll so i shall be stalking you more often!

Love.

ammara said...

aaww thankyou :D
and you are right. i shall keep working and updaing more requently.

aiman said...

hey ammara...
nice work here..i'm also frm VS ...was 2 years junior to u there and i rem u as the girl who was fond of my pink sneakers..lol!anyways....do take a look at my blog too

OC said...

I am to be of VS as well and I remember you being very cool. PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG!

I'm sorry ammawa but I just couldn't help myself after the last comment :D (And please don't visit my blog, I haven't updated it in ages! AAAH!). But I love the animation! I wanna do something cool too now! This not fair, I'm not cool enough no more! >.<